Forms of cyber crime:-
1. Cracking - is amongst the gravest Cyber-crimes known till date. It is a dreadful feeling to know that a stranger has broken into your computer systems without your knowledge and consent and has tampered with precious confidential data and information.
2. Hacking - the act of gaining unauthorized access to a computer system or network and in some cases making unauthorized use of this access.
3. Piracy - the act of copying copyrighted material. The personal computer and the Internet both offer new mediums for committing an 'old' crime. Online theft is defined as any type of 'piracy' that involves the use of the Internet to market or distribute creative works protected by copyright.
4. Cyberstalking - Harassment, bullying and "stalking" persons on the Internet can occur on social networks. It frequently involves repeated and unwelcome contact with the victim by the stalker Harassment, in chatrooms or other Internet social networking sites.
5. Denial of service – running a program which sends thousands of requests to a site simultaneously, frequently from more than one source, so that the relevant server slows down considerably or preferably crashes.
6. Spamming - Spamming is the act of sending unsolicited messages to many users at a time, possibly up to thousands, with the usual intention of advertising products to potential customers. Spamming can also be used as a form of irritation by singling out an email address and sending the owner of that address hundreds of emails per second.